Saturday 13 September 2014

Daniel Radcliffe is my doppelgänger, I just posted him a signed photo.

Since Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone was released people have compared me to Daniel Radcliffe. As irritating as this is, I can't help but agree somewhat. Recently I took it upon myself to contact Daniel to resolve the issues I found with being his doppelgänger head on. I'm pretty fed up with strangers calling me by his name and I'm fed up with my family suggesting I somehow apply to be his body double (like he needs one). Here is the letter I sent, typos and all, I really could not be bothered to proofread this one.

And that was that, I sent the letter it got a pretty good response on social media and I figured that would probably be the end of it. HOW WRONG I WAS. Imagine my shock when I found this in my post box a week or two later:


Now first off, stunned I even got a response at all. Especially from THE Daniel Radcliffe, Unfortunately this response is a bit odd though isn't it? I mean, who just sends an autograph without acknowledging the actual letter? Daniel Radcliffe apparently. Now regardless of whether this is a fake autograph or not... It most probably is, it does make Daniel look like a bit of a tool. He's either A) sending out printed autographs or B) just flat out ignored the letter of a fan and arrogantly sent his signature. Well I wasn't going to take this lightly and today I thought I'd return the favour.

"The Attached Letter reads:

Dear Mr Radcliffe,

Thank you for your previous response. Though I do believe there has been somewhat of a misunderstanding in what you actually thought I wanted. Daniel, I have been plagued by being your doppelganger for years. Many Christmas dinners have gone by where “Mark you should be Daniel Radcliffe’s body double” comes up as a semi-serious suggestion. Many times I have been hounded in night clubs for “Harry Potter Selfies”, it’s just not right. Just so you do not misunderstand me Daniel, this is NOT what I want, I don’t want the fame and I don’t want the fortune. I DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR BODY DOUBLE. So do not worry, I am not trying to steal your career, I simply would quite like you to let my family know that this is not how body doubles find work. Please don’t misinterpret this! I am not asking for your autograph.

To show good sentiments about the obvious misunderstanding I have attached a gift to this letter, it’s one of a kind as it goes! Cherish it. There is a key difference in our headshots however Daniel that I think you’ll come to realise… I actually sign mine.

Looking forward to your response, though I do fear your crew will send me a bag of printed signatures, I trust you will ensure this doesn’t happen!

Many thanks, Mark. (PS. The trailer for Horns was STILL really good, but if you keep sending me fake autographs I’m not going to go see it.)"

Easily the most bizzare thing I've ever done... I'll let you guys know if he responds. Hopefully I get a response and not a restraining order.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This one blog entry has seen like 20 times the traffic of the rest of my blog, amazing but also a sad reminder that Daniel Radcliffe is bigger than me : ( haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, another signed photo is on its way soon ��

    ReplyDelete